Throughout the years since UFO’s were first reported there have been some that have stood out more than others. Here is my top 6 list of UFO cases with a brief description and link for more information. I know lists like this are usually ten or more, but these six cases stand above all the rest.
- Roswell – In 1947 a sheep farmer found a crashed saucer in his pasture. He reported it to the local police. It was originally reported by authorities that an Alien craft had crashed. The story was later changed to a weather balloon. – http://www.roswellufomuseum.com/incident.html
- Betty and Barney Hill Abduction – In September 1961 Betty and Barney Hill were returning home from vacation when they noticed what they called a star. This star would eventually come to be known as a UFO and would follow them. They had made it home safely however, they had lost 2 hours of time. – https://www.thoughtco.com/the-hills-abducted-by-aliens-3293363
- Rendlesham Forest Incident – In December 1980 a UFO landed in the Rendlesham forest near a military base. The case was well documented. – http://www.therendleshamforestincident.com/The_Full_Report.php
- Kenneth Arnold’s Sighting – In June 1947 Kenneth Arnold reported seeing glowing objects flying in a V formation over Mt. rainier in Washington. Being a pilot himself, Mr. Arnold estimated the crafts were going 1700mph. – http://www.history.com/topics/kenneth-arnold
- Jimmy Carter sighting – Former President Jimmy Carter (Then Governor of Georgia) reported seeing a UFO in January 1969. Governor Carter reported that a glowing orb moved across the sky. – http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc782.htm
- Travis Walton Abduction – In November 1975 while his group was leaving work Travis spotted a light. While investigating this light Travis and his team stopped and got out of the truck. The men realized they were seeing a UFO. – http://www.travis-walton.com/